发表于 2010-12-13 17:34 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 lualua 于 2010-12-13 17:35 编辑

双碟分别叫RH和TN,曲风糅合乡村和摇滚等,好期待!!!

http://eternalmark.org/default.aspx

图片1.jpg

When Angels Watch Over Nashville,

Even The Songs Are Better

By Carrigan Chantz

No offense to Texas, as I happen to love the state, but it now must share one of its well known anthems with Tennessee; for “Deep in the heart” of Nashville’s Music Row is a celestial diamond in the rough called Better Angels Music: a small, independent record company with a big vision and an even bigger heart, filled with compassion for one thing and one thing only… great music.

Better Angels is the blood, sweat and tears of the most unique team of music lovers that truly are also one of Nashville’s premiere families, and President and CEO Rob Rappaport treats the company as just that. Rob is a veteran in the music arena as not only an executive who knows how to run a successful business, but also a renowned producer, songwriter and musician. The angelic difference with Rob lies in his simple philosophy instilled in each member of the Better Angels staff of professionals, “Love music until it hurts.”

“I tell my team they better not be in this for the money. It’s all about total compassion and commitment to giving the world the gift of the best music possible, whether the money comes in or not. When everyone in the company works together with this vision, the end results are so purely and genuinely evident that I know success is inevitable for our artists, songwriters, musicians and staff.”

Another difference with Rob and the Better Angels family is that they refuse to follow the normal road map of the recording industry, and, instead blaze a refreshing trail that is unorthodox, think-outside the-box and nurturing of every artist, every song, every time. “We’re not going to release a song just because the beat sounds commercial. All of our songs, through the talent and spirit of our artists, have stories to tell that need to be heard. Sometimes the greatest single is the one nobody would ever think to release; but once out there for the world to hear, its story captures the heart in a way that soars to success and immortalizes the song.”

Such is definitely going to be the case with “Far Enough Away From Colorado,” an incredible masterpiece slated to be the world premier country debut from Russell Hitchcock and his upcoming Better Angels double CD release, “RHTN.” Russell is known worldwide as the mesmerizing lead singer for Air Supply, the band who for 35 years has been capturing our hearts with some of the greatest songs ever recorded. (“All Out of Love” just recently received an award from BMI for over three million plays on the radio.) But, what happens when this legendary singer teams up with this think-outside-the-box Nashville family for his first country release?

A match made in Heaven… and one hell of an awesome album!

Typically, I find that an album has several really good songs on it, and the rest is just filler or fluff. This is not true of “RHTN.” What I found in this album is a collection of twenty well crafted songs that any one of which (or more correctly all of) could be sitting on top of the country music charts, and will be soon enough.

Disc one (RH) presents a unique blend of songs that are more country crossover, or what I’d call pop-country. From the album opener, “Fallin’,” which immediately lets the listener know that Russell is definitely comfortable and in his element with this genre of music, to “For The Freeway Home,” disc one is a ten song journey through amazingly written, perfectly performed and excellently produced stories of love, life on the road, heartbreak, beer, booze, and, of course, women. “You Can Always Count On Me,” “It’s You,” and “Always” are absolutely beautiful country ballads that I am sure will be played at many, many weddings for years to come, while “It’s Okay,” “These Walls,” and “Desperate” show a more rockin’ Russell Hitchcock, backed with some of the best sounding guitar work I’ve ever heard.

When I put in disc two (TN), I was, quite simply, overwhelmed. “Far Enough Away From Colorado” is the perfect opener for this more traditional set of country gems, and a song that will catapult Russell to the top of the charts from the start… a place he is used to being with Air Supply, but this time with a beautiful country view that is all his own. “Cash’s Last Days” describes what the name implies, but in such beautiful, dark, poetic detail that it deserves a place in Johnny’s museum. Russell even knocks on the door of Graceland with “Like I’m Elvis,” a fun, up-tempo ditty that has Russell singing with full country drawl as if, rather than Australia and LA, he’s been living in Tennessee all his life. With a strategic mixture of classic country (“May The Best Man Win” and “A Love Like This”), modern country love songs (“Couldn’t Say I Love You Enough” and “Hold Me Like You Love Me”) and all out bar stage rockers (“Right Kind Of Love”), there’s something for everyone here.

The final track of “RHTN” is every bit as strong a song as the first one, which is very rare in any genre of music, and left me wanting another twenty songs from Russell Hitchcock who, like the most expensive of fine wines (or more appropriately, barrel-aged whisky), has only gotten better through the years. This latest offering is hands down his best, most consistent album to date.

So here’s to Russell Hitchcock, Tennessee. That’s right, after listening to “RHTN,” which is tentatively scheduled for worldwide release in January 2011,  I’ve

changed the name of Nashville to honor the new Music City legend. This is one album that should be in every music lover’s collection. Give it a listen, and see for yourself. Then, head over to Russell Hitchcock, Tennessee and drop in on the staff at Better Angels Music and say, “Thanks for loving music so much!”

Coming up in Part Two: Interviews with Russell Hitchcock, Rob Rappaport and all the Better Angels Music staff that worked so hard to make “RHTN” such a phenomenal album.

图片2.jpg

评分

查看全部评分

发表于 2010-12-13 19:42 | 显示全部楼层
等会儿仔细看一下,不过首先印入眼帘的是那两幅图,好漂亮!从来没有见过这样的Russell!
cool!!!
发表于 2010-12-13 20:07 | 显示全部楼层
  文章大意:
  前半段不知所云,讲的关于德州的乡村音乐种种。
  中间,开始提到了,air supply拥有迷人声音的传奇主唱Russell Hitchcock准备要发行个人完全不同寻常的乡村新专辑《RHTN》。

CD1(RH)是典型的Russell风格,抒情,温暖的流行乡村音乐,包括专辑开唱曲"Fallin",“For The Freeway Home”,You Can Always Count On Me” ,“It’s You” 和“Always”等等。这些歌曲一定会被人们播放一遍又一遍。而伴随着sounding guitar,“It’s Okay,” “These Walls,” and “Desperate”展现了Russell更加摇滚的一面。

而当CD2(TN)放进音响中的时候,完全让人感觉清醒简单,如释重负。“Far Enough Away From Colorado”是一首完美的开唱曲。整个CD2都是非常纯正的乡村音乐。

最后要说的是,世界范围内的发行日期,将是2011年1月!

(太令我激动了,lualua今天发的这篇文章实在让我激动万分,当然,我会保证我在第一时刻预定这张专辑,让大家都能听到这张经典的乡村专辑[当然,bt一定会比我先行一步的^_^])
 楼主| 发表于 2010-12-13 22:11 | 显示全部楼层
是啊,我看到这个文及照片时眼睛就亮了!画说这次是主打乡村风,这张在涂鸦墙前的照片真是好,似乎已经感受到那种“在路上”的自由肆意了。

这个文的作者对专辑是褒奖褒奖又褒奖啊。

“What I found in this album is a collection of twenty well crafted songs that any one of which (or more correctly all of) could be sitting on top of the country music charts, and will be soon enough."“这张专辑包含由二十首精致力作,其中任何一首(更确切说是每一首)都会登上乡村音乐榜单,而且很快就会"

最后甚至提到,因为听了Russell的这张力作,改变了对Nashville的看法,要冠名之音乐城市传奇。
这张唱片应是由Better Angels Music发行 http://betterangelsmusic.com/   在ARTIST一栏有Russell。
 楼主| 发表于 2010-12-13 23:03 | 显示全部楼层
曲目:
1.          Fallin'                   
2.         It's Okay                
3.         Couldn't Say I Love You Enough                
4.         Cash's Last Days                
5.         It Doesn't Mean A Thing                
6.         A Love Like This                
7.         Like I'm Elvis                
8.         All I've Got Left                
9.         Desperate                
10.         For The Freeway Home        

1.         Far Enough From Colorado                
2.         May The Best Man Win                
3.         You Can Always Count On Me                
4.         It's You                
5.         The Next Right Thing                
6.         Always                
7.         These Walls                
8.         Good To See You Again                
9.         Hold Me Like You Love Me                
10.         Right Kind Of Love
发表于 2010-12-14 08:18 | 显示全部楼层
话说russell唱着别人写的歌搞一些新花样,能够让我们歌迷大保耳福,graham走原创路线要跳出框框稍显困难,当然我们希望graham能够依然坚持原创,同时也带给我们完全不同与air supply的歌曲,继the future之后再次给我们带来一张精彩的个人专辑!
发表于 2010-12-16 05:42 | 显示全部楼层
又有新专辑了,超期待!
发表于 2010-12-16 23:01 | 显示全部楼层
longbow~~~long wait~~
 楼主| 发表于 2010-12-28 13:54 | 显示全部楼层
论坛背景也换成russell新专辑啦
发表于 2010-12-28 14:53 | 显示全部楼层
是啊,今天突然发现www.russellhitchcock.net上有预定新专辑了,$24.99。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册Airhead

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|联系站长| Air Supply China Fan Site (Since 2009.4.6)

Copyright © 2009-2023 Air Supply China Fan Site.   All Rights Reserved.