Air Supply空气补给中文网 | 华人全球唯一空气补给乐队中文论坛

查看: 4007|回复: 0

第1-1章:父亲的歌喉 - A Father's Voice

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-1-2 07:02 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IMG_20160101_175741.jpg
My father, Malcolm Hitchcock, in tails.

A Father's Voice

I grew up in the inner city of Melbourne in the state of Victoria, Australia. My parents were working class people who worked very hard to provide for both my sister and me. Althought we had very little, there was always food on the table and a roof over our heads, and to this day, I am still grateful to my parents for everything they did to make my childhood happy and safe.

Some of my earliest recollections include street parties in which all our neighbors would get together with their kids and have fun outside. At the end of the festivities, when things were winding down, some of the parents would sing a cappella or tell jokes (sometimes risque). During these times, my dad would occasionally sing, and even then, at my young age, I knew his voice was really good.

I was always fascinated listening to him. He had sung with big bands, and I still remember a photo of him in "tails" looking charismatic and debonair in front of the orchestra. I truly believe that, even though I would not be involved in music for many years to come, I inherited his voice abilities and, somehow, he planted a love of music in me that would ultimately blossom into the career that I have enjoyed for the last 40 years.

中文译文:
      我在澳大利亚维多利亚州墨尔本的市中心长大。我的父母都是工人阶级,他们非常努力的工作来抚养我的姐姐和我。尽管不多,但那时总是有食物在餐桌上。对于这些日子,我依旧对我的父母相当感激,他们让我的童年变得非常开心和安全。

一些有关我早期回忆的事情,包括了那些街头派对,那些邻居会和他们的孩子们一起在屋外玩耍。在这些活动结束,所有东西都收拾好之后,一些父母会聚在一起合唱,或者讲笑话(有时候是荤段子)。在那段时间,我的父亲偶尔会去唱歌,即使那样,在我小时候我都认为我的父亲的声音真是棒极了。

我一直总是很喜欢听他唱歌。他在大乐队里演唱,我依然记得一张他穿着燕尾服站在管弦乐团前的照片,看起来温文尔雅,魅力十足。我对此深信无疑,即使我日后没有进入乐坛,我仍旧继承了他的歌唱能力。不知怎么,他播种下的音乐的种子最终会在我这40年的音乐生涯里绽放。

原图下载:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册Airhead

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|联系站长| Air Supply China Fan Site (Since 2009.4.6)

Copyright © 2009-2023 Air Supply China Fan Site.   All Rights Reserved.