找回密码

Air Supply空气补给中文网 | 华人全球唯一空气补给乐队中文论坛

查看: 4450|回复: 0

第1-13章:再接再厉 - Getting Back on the Horse

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-12-14 19:49 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IMG_20160101_175929.jpg

Getting Back on the Horse

After the high of the previous year, coming back to reality was something else. We'd had offers to play shows in Australia, but the problem was simple: we were being offered $200 per show with five guys in the band and consequently couldn't afford to go out on the road to make a living.

Graham travelled to Adelaide in south Australia, and I did the best I could to survive. I was recommended to Les Gock, part of another extremely successful Australian band, Hush, who was then, amaong other things, producing commercials. He basically kept me alive for a good part of the year, hiring me to sing on various jingles including American Express, Coca-Cola and Maxwell House products.

There appeared to be no solution to our problem. We desperately wanted to get back to the United States, but it seemed as though all our avenues had been closed. I spoke with Graham frequently, and at one point, I told him that I didn't think I could continue as I saw nothing positive in our future. Graham, as focused and determined as ever, told me that we would be successful again, that we had the songs and the talent to overcome any obstacle in our path. I trusted his judgement implicitly, and I'm still go grateful that we had that conversation. His vision, talent and drive have been instrumental in our success over that past 40 years.

中文译文:

在达到之前一年的高度之后,我们又被打回到了现实。我们在澳大利亚被邀请进行演出,但是简单的问题来了:我们的演出收入为每场200美元,却要分给乐队的5位成员,这怎么可能生存下去。

Graham旅行到了南澳大利亚的阿德莱德市,而我尽我的能力生存下去。我被推荐给了Les Gock,另外一个极成功的澳大利亚乐队Hush中。基本上他能让我度过一个不错一年,他雇我演唱一些广告曲,比如美国快递,可口可乐,麦斯威尔咖啡。

显然我们的窘境没有什么好的解决办法。我们绝望的想要回到美国,但是似乎我们捷径都已经关闭了。我和Graham谈了很多,在那个点上,我告诉他我没法继续下去了,因为我根本看不到任何希望。Graham却像以往一样坚定,他告诉我我们会再次成功的,我们有好歌,我们会克服前进路上的所有障碍的。我毫无保留的相信他的判断,我到现在依然感激那次谈话。他的远见,天赋,在40年里一直驱使着我们成功。

原图下载:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册Airhead

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|联系站长| Air Supply China Fan Site (Since 2009.4.6)

Copyright © 2009-2023 Air Supply China Fan Site.   All Rights Reserved.