找回密码

Air Supply空气补给中文网 | 华人全球唯一空气补给乐队中文论坛

查看: 4686|回复: 0

第1-15章:戴维斯先生 - Mr.Davis

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-1-5 09:29 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IMG_20160101_175943.jpg
Left: The Lost in Love Asia cover.
Middle: The Lost in Love North American cover.
Right: The Lost in Love European cover.
Above: The Lost in Love album went platinum in 1980.

Mr. Davis

Mention the name Clive Davis to anyone who has been in music since the '60s and they would acknowledge that he is one of the most influential people in the history of recorded music. From Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin to Air Supply, Whitney Houston and country star Alan Jackson, Clive has always been fully involved in his artists' careers. "Lost in Love" found its way to the desk of Clive in early 1980.

I was in Australia and Graham was in Cannes, France, at a publishing convention and trying to obtain a publishing deal for his/our music. I recall that he came down with food poisoning and was really sick. Unbeknownst to us, Clive loved "Lost in Love," and we were signed to a long-term contract with Arista Records.

I received a phone call from Graham in France telling me that he'd seen an industry magazine with a small note on the front page saying something to the effect that "Lost in Love" was bound for the top. He thought that some other act had recorded a song with the same title. Not long after, he received a call from Clive telling him that we needed to get to the United States as soon as possible to complete the album that would untimately launch our recordings to the world.

Clive was involved every step of the way, and not long after our first album was released, we found ourselves with a Top 5 single and a platinum album. I can't say enough about Clive's involvement with us, and even thought we had our disagreements regarding material from time to time, his knowledge and choice of songs was pretty much spot-on every time.

中文译文:
      提到Clive Davis的名字,大家一定会知道,60年代以后他对音乐界做出了杰出的贡献。从Jimi Hendrix和Janis Joplin到Air Supply, Whitney Houston和乡村巨星Alan Jackson,Clive在他的音乐生涯里的不遗余力做出贡献。"Lost in Love"则是1980年早期时候的一张杰作。

那时我在澳大利亚,Graham在法国夏纳,尝试寻求一份他的或者我们的音乐的出版合同。我说过很多次了,他那时食物中毒,身体十分虚弱。而我们并不清楚,Clive十分喜欢"Lost in Love,"这首歌,我们和Arista唱片公司签署了一份长期的唱片合约。

我接到了Graham从法国打来的电话,告诉我他在一份音乐杂志的封面上看到一个小贴士上写着 "Lost in Love" 直冲云霄。他心想那一定是别的什么艺人录制了相同名字的一首歌。而在那之后不久,他接到了Clive的电话,告诉他我们需要尽可能快的赶去美国,来完成那张专辑,把我们的专辑带向全世界。

Clive参与整个的录制过程,不久之后,我们的第一张专辑发行了,一首Top 5的单曲和一张白金唱片。我无法说Clive参与我们录制足够,尽管我们在选曲上面一直有不同意见,但是他的选择却每次都是相当正确到位的。

原图下载:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册Airhead

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|联系站长| Air Supply China Fan Site (Since 2009.4.6)

Copyright © 2009-2023 Air Supply China Fan Site.   All Rights Reserved.