找回密码

Air Supply空气补给中文网 | 华人全球唯一空气补给乐队中文论坛

查看: 4402|回复: 0

第1-16章:活在梦中 - Living the Dream

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-1-5 10:32 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IMG_20160101_180011.jpg
Left: Graham and me on the Australian TV show Countdown being interviewed by the host, Molly Meldrum, February 8,  1981.
Above: Marilyn McCoo and me singing "Sweet Dreams" on the TV show Solid Gold.

Living the Dream

I remember driving down Sunset Boulevard in 1980 - the weather was beautiful and I had the top down on a convertible I had rented. I was living the dream. We had been on the verge of never getting back to the United States and then, in 1978, recording "Lost in Love" in Australia where it had been a giant hit for us. Two years later, it was released in the United States and became an instant hit on the radio all over the country.

The success of the song on the airwaves, of course, brought so much more to the table. We were asked to do all the popular television shows, including Johnny Carson, Mike Douglas, Dinah Shore, Merv Griffin and a host of other. We were on the show Solid Gold what seemed like every other week and our popularity skyrocketed.

Fairly quickly, "Lost in Love" was released all over the world, and once again, the song was a major hit. It opened the door for us in so many countries, and together with our following releases, allowed us to tour extensively in both Southeast Asia and Latin America. We toured for the first time in the United States as headliners to sold-out crowds. Everywhere in the world that we touched down was sold out. Thinking back now, listening to Graham sing the opening lines of "Lost in Love" in a small house in Austalia, I had no idea just how infruential that song would be (even though I predicted that it would be a monster hit)!

中文译文:
       我记得在80年的有一天,我开车在日落大道上,天气宜人,我把我借来的敞篷车的蓬收了起来。简直就像活在梦中一样。 我们处在了重回美国的边缘了,1978年,在澳大利亚录制"Lost in Love",让我们获得了巨大的成功。2年后,这首歌在美国发行,立刻就在全国的电台里传播开来。

在电台里,这首歌大获成功,当然,也给我们带来了更多机会。我们被各大流行电视节目邀请参加表演包括,Johnny Carson, Mike Douglas, Dinah Shore, Merv Griffin和一些其他的。我们在节目Solid Gold上演出,人气暴涨。

很快,"Lost in Love" 在全世界发行,再一次,这首歌成为了焦点。这为我们在许多国家打开了门,伴随着我们接下去发行的歌曲,让我们在东南亚和南美进行演出。我们第一次在美国作为主角进行巡演。我们去的世界上任何地方的演出都是一票难求。现在回想,在澳大利亚第一次听Graham演唱 "Lost in Love"的第一句歌词的时候,我根本没有想过这首歌会如此在世界上流行 (甚至没有预想到这首歌会成为一首排行榜金曲)!

原图下载:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册Airhead

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|联系站长| Air Supply China Fan Site (Since 2009.4.6)

Copyright © 2009-2023 Air Supply China Fan Site.   All Rights Reserved.