找回密码

Air Supply空气补给中文网 | 华人全球唯一空气补给乐队中文论坛

查看: 5043|回复: 1

第1-19章:皇室 - The Royals

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-2-21 13:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IMG_20160101_180115.jpg
Above: Me, on stage, performing at the Bicentennial.
Below: Me, shaking hands with Prince Charles after our performance.
Above: Graham and me, meeting Lady Diana after our performance at the Australian Bicentennial.

The Royals

I have been one of the luckiest people in the world to have had such an amazing life and career and to have been able to travel all over the world playing wonderful music to appreciative fans. When we started, we didn't think we would celebrate this amazing occation of 40 years, not only working together, but enjoying a lifetime of friendship that is unsurpassed.

Seeing the Beatles live in 1964 was certainly a major event in my life. I also had the chance to see some other amazing acts - Nat King Cole, Johnny Ray and a host of others - but always on the other side of the stage.

When we had our initial success worldwide, as I said, we played all over the world. We have played for presidents, kings, queens, sultans and various head of state. Nothing in my mind, however, could compare to our experience at the Australian Bicentennial in 1988.

We were among all the great Australian performers from the '50s to current times and were honored to perform before Prince Charles and Lady Diana. I was nerve-racking enough to share the stage with so much great talent, but performing before British royalty was something else. We played a medley of serveral of our hits, and it was over before we could think about it.

After the concert, all the performers were backstage to form a greeting line and that's when the nerves REALLY kicked in. As Prince Charles and Lady Diana got closer, I remember Graham saying, "Can you believe we're going to meet the next king of England?!"

We met Charles first. He was very gracious and told us he was familiar with our music, which was a thrill. Next, Lady Dianna spoke to us. I was wearing a sterling silver bow tie that fascinated her, and a quick "hello" turned into a five-minute conversation, a situation noted by television reporters in the news the next day. Considering the backgrounds that Graham and I came from, standing in front Prince Charles and Lady Diana was certainly one of the defining moments in my life.

中文译文:
       我是世界上最幸运的人,我可以周游世界,为那么我很感激的歌迷面前演绎美妙的音乐。当我们一开始做音乐的时候,我们可没有想到我们会在这里庆祝我们那神奇的40年,不仅仅是在一起做音乐,而且是这段无法超越的友谊。

我再1964年看了我一生中最重要的Beatles的演唱会。我也有机会看了一些别的精彩的演出比如 - Nat King Cole, Johnny Ray和其他的,但是却总是在舞台的另一头观看。

当我们一开始在世界流行的时候,我说过,我们要为整个世界演出。我们曾经为总统,国王,皇后,苏丹和一些其他的国家首脑演出,而比起我们1988年为澳大利亚200年纪念演出,这些留下的印象都不是很深刻。

从50年代到那时的当红澳大利亚艺人齐聚一堂,而我们也非常自豪的为查尔斯王子和戴安娜王妃演出。与那么多伟大的艺人同台真是令我大伤脑筋,但是在英国皇室面前演出则是另一回事了。我们演绎了我们的经典歌曲的串烧。

在演出之后,所有表演者在后台,我愈发变的焦虑。当查尔斯王子和戴安娜越走越近,我记得Graham对我说,"你能相信我们要见到英国下一任国王了吗?!"

我们先见到查尔斯。他非常亲切和蔼,告诉我们他对我们的音乐很熟悉,那真是受宠若惊。接下来,戴安娜和我们讲话。我戴着纯银领结,说了“你好”之后,我们交谈了5分钟,第二天被电视新闻拍到了。考虑到Graham和我的出生地,在查尔斯往死和戴安娜王妃面前真是我们生命中的高光时刻。

原图下载:
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复

楼主| 发表于 2017-3-8 10:46 | 显示全部楼层
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册Airhead

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|联系站长| Air Supply China Fan Site (Since 2009.4.6)

Copyright © 2009-2023 Air Supply China Fan Site.   All Rights Reserved.