Air Supply空气补给中文网 | 华人全球唯一空气补给乐队中文论坛

查看: 6299|回复: 6

(重磅推出)【Bootleg下载】Live In Seattle, WA 1977

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-11-9 12:17 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
首先感谢Guitars101论坛的分享!
原文链接:http://www.guitars101.com/forums ... lac-aud-390921.html
这是目前最古老的演唱会音频,居然还是观众录音,打破了Charlotte 1985的记录,可惜就只有8首歌,不过音质还算不错
这个严格上来说并不是Air Supply的演唱会,而是40年前他们作为Rod Stewart北美巡演的暖场乐队的时候的演出不过无论如何,这些都是极其罕有的音频资料,因为据我所知这些歌在他们80年代后的演出几乎是再没出现过了,除了Love And Other Bruises这首里程碑式意义的歌在去年纽澳巡演的时候被重新拿出来唱过。个人而言是很喜欢Love And Other Bruises和The End Of The Line这两首歌的,希望两老在以后的演唱会可以重新拿出来唱
原作者提供的是Flac格式,不过本人在此转成了MP3格式,因为有些音乐播放器并不支持Flac格式。在此鄙人把两种格式一起分享出来,大家可以根据自己的需要选择相应的格式!
大家来见证奇迹吧!
螢幕快照 2017-11-09 下午12.09.43.png
游客,如果您要查看本帖隐藏内容请回复

发表于 2017-11-15 10:54 | 显示全部楼层
话不多说,这个帖子必须加精!大家知道AS的bootleg不算多也不算少,但是大多数都是巅峰的80年代,和已经没落的00后。70年代的bootleg,几乎没有完整的,这个1977年的bootleg填补了这一空缺,1977年正好也是Air Supply发行了第一张专辑,这个演出中的曲目也都是第一张专辑中的歌曲。
发表于 2017-11-15 10:55 | 显示全部楼层
Air Supply
Seattle Center Coliseum
Seattle, WA
October 3, 1977
JEMS Full-Track Tandberg Mono Master

Recording Gear: Sony ECM-22P Microphone > Tandberg Model 11 Portable Reel to Reel

JEMS Transfer: Master reel > Tandberg Model 11 > Wavelab 24/96 mono .wav capture > iZotope MBIT+ resample to 16/44.1 > iZotope RX 5 and Ozone 5 mastering > Audacity > TLH > Flac

01 Intro
02 The End of The Line > Feel The Breeze
03 Ready For You
04 Love and Other Bruises
05 What a Life
06 Empty Pages >
07 Do It Again
08 That's How The Whole Thing Started

The band:

Russell Hitchcock - Lead Vocals
Jeremy Paul - Bass, Vocals
Graham Russell - Guitar/Vocals
Rex Goh - Guitar
Joey Carbone - Keyboards
Nigel Macara - Drums

Known Faults:
None

Tale of the Tapes and the Tandberg

With Jared’s passing in October 2016, the complete JEMS Archive was moved south from his home up north. That move, sad impetus aside, presented an opportunity, however daunting, to go through and organize the collection. With the help of some amazing friends and experts (among them Slowburn, SS, RD and slipkid68), JEMS tapes are now accessible in ways they have never been before. SG was also on hand to help and fill in our taping history as he always does.

When the task was done and loaded into the truck, one box in particular captured my attention: master reels recorded by SG on his Tandberg portable reel to reel. We’ve posted some 25 or more of these on DIME over the years, but there were several that had yet to be transferred, and still more that Jared had transferred in the last five years but had seemingly never circulated or uploaded.

If you don’t know about the Tandberg, it was a remarkable piece of gear in its day, not only capable of recording at 3-3/4 and 7-1/2 IPS, but in full-track mono. I won’t do the math, but compared to a cassette, the surface area of tape capturing the music is orders of magnitude higher, which is why so many of SG’s Tandberg masters from the likes of David Bowie, Elton John, Led Zeppelin and Bruce Springsteen are considered by some as audience-recording classics. The Tandberg required 10(!) D-cel batteries to operate, is roughly the size of a compact typewriter and weighs more than ten pounds. Imagine sneaking that into a show and your respect for what SG accomplished only grows.

This is the seventh in a series of Tandberg master reels digitized for the first time. Happily, the original Tandberg deck is still fully functioning, so these transfers offer full-track mono playback on the original tape recorder to maximize quality.

I’m not going to claim to be a fan of Air Supply. In fact, I only stumbled into this recording when I was going through some of the transfers Jared had committed to hard drives before he passed. The file was marked Rod Stewart, who was the headliner that night (we’ll be posting that in the coming weeks), with no mention of Air Supply. But when I started to audition the file, I realized the opening act had been captured too. Not only was it Air Supply, but as they announce from the stage, this was their very first US gig. How about that?

And while I don’t care a lick about Air Supply, I have a hunch some of you do, especially circa 1977. That’s what JEMS is here for, to give you the live music we captured.

Like most of SG’s Tandberg tapes from the Coliseum, this is very clear but a bit boomier than some, with a clear “big arena” sound. Still, for a ’77 audience tape it is nothing to sneeze at. Samples provided.

The recording opens with an announcement from the promoter explaining why the concert had been postponed one day and thanking the fans for their patience. Those were the days.

Remember, the small file size of this one is because it is mono and a short opening set.

We shared the recording with frogster who sent some additional insights on the performance:

"My godness, we are listening to something historic here. It's not only an early Air Supply recording, but their first US gig ever. They had to make an impression in America and based in this (short but sweet) recording, they did.
The band is at the top of their game! You just need to listen to the vocals in "That's How The Whole Thing Started" and feel shivers down of your spine. A perfect show and a perfect debut in the United States.
About the recording, this one is really clear for the era, sometimes the sound is too loud and overwhelms the microphone a little bit but that's normal and understandable if we take in consideration that this recording is from 1977, nothing too severe to consider it a fault.
Also, kinda ironic that their first song was "The End of the Line" when you'd expect this to be a song to close the show. I'm sure this recording will be a surprise for the Air Supply's fans out there and a new document to the collection of some dedicated ones."

Huge thanks to SG for another amazing Tandberg recording, to Jared for taking the time and care to transfer the master tape, and to Frogster for stepping up to take this one over the finish line.

BK for JEMS
发表于 2017-12-6 07:51 | 显示全部楼层
都没有人下载唉·
发表于 2017-12-6 09:34 | 显示全部楼层

都不识货啊~
 楼主| 发表于 2017-12-9 03:28 | 显示全部楼层

大家快来活跃一下气氛吧
发表于 2017-12-15 23:10 | 显示全部楼层
非常感谢楼主的分享~
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册Airhead

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|联系站长| Air Supply China Fan Site (Since 2009.4.6)

Copyright © 2009-2023 Air Supply China Fan Site.   All Rights Reserved.