找回密码

Air Supply空气补给中文网 | 华人全球唯一空气补给乐队中文论坛

查看: 4056|回复: 1

概念专辑Mumbo Jumbo的完整故事

[复制链接]
发表于 2010-4-16 20:38 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
MUMBO JUMBO - THE STORY

[SETTING THE SCENE] Far away and after all, in the place without, where nothing is - suddenly something was. It became known then that the Meaning had been lost and soon the rhythm would cease to be, for at the holy crossroads Mankind had chosen to walk down another path.

Without a thought then, would the duality be, and so it was. Now the duality was without, and all the Universes thought long before it would always be so, but now it was within and it had to be or not to be, that was really the question!

And so at that moment the duality was born and it was from naught that there was one, and being one - there was also two and of the two, one was as of man and the other was as of woman...and they were the soldiers of the light.

Being born, they knew of themselves fully and then did their journey begin and that was to recover the ‘Meaning’ that had been lost and it was known to them that it was in a very deep place. Once the Meaning was found it must be returned to its source, where another dimension was waiting to begin, then would the rhythm return. At that moment the age that was now would be not, for its time had run away with another space.

The Soldiers of the Light saw that mankind was known by names and yet had they none, although they were called by many. Then the one as of woman said, "I will be Sara" and the other as of man said, "I shall be Sam" and so they were. Into the wilderness they went to look for the sign of the lost Meaning, which only they knew and they appeared as mankind and began to know the things of mankind too.

Not so far away, in another place, Zed, who everybody loved and who loved everybody was saying goodbye to his dear Mother, all his friends and the only place he knew. He too felt the longing for Meaning, but for Zed it was not lost as he had not yet found it, but needed to discover it for himself wherever it may be. Zed’s Mother told him to always keep love in his heart and everything shall always come to him. She said remember me always, he knew he always would! "If we love when we can, if we dance to the music that we feel, then there can be no distance too far for us, too near!" his Mother said and with those simple words locked in his heart Zed kissed his Mother goodbye.    With just a few belongings tied together in a small cloth over his shoulder, Zed left with tears in his eyes and took the first step into the unknown to see where life would lead him. For the first time in his life, Zed was alone with his true feelings and thoughts. It was a bitter sweet time as he crossed the rickety bridge over the river that he knew so well and looked out upon the vast horizon and his destiny! "Goodbye my friends," he said quietly to himself as he wondered where his Meaning might be and in which direction he should go. Zed didn't know why he was leaving everything behind, only that he must follow his heart. [WHY]

As he began his journey, Zed suddenly felt the reality of being on his own after all these years and a sense of excitement overcame him. [I WONT LET IT GET IN THE WAY]

After long days under the blazing sun and cold nights alone in the desert with a great thirst, Zed rested under the shaded branches of an olive tree and drifted off into a beautiful sleep. He dreamt he was at the top of a great tower of many colors. It was the tower of fantasy and as he looked over the edge he lost his balance and fell into a space-less chasm that had no boundaries or walls - just space, and as he fell he began to enjoy the feeling of not knowing where he would finally land or if he would at all! Zed thought he must have landed somewhere because in his dream he saw two strangers coming towards him, rising up out of the endless sands. Closer and closer they came to him and one of them did speak and said, "Drink of the waters of life" and did put water to his lips and he was refreshed. Zed heard a beautiful voice suddenly speak to him and the voice said, "There will come a time that is yours and mine, when you must define your faith in love." [FAITH IN LOVE]

Sam and Sara happened to meet many people as they journeyed on and they asked of those people, "Do you know of the Meaning, and the ways of love and of the still point in the centre of the turning wheel?" When the people heard this they were mystified and confused and said that’s “Mumbo Jumbo”, and so Sam and Sara decided to go there to search for the Meaning. Onward they did journey for many days and nights, when in the distance they saw a figure lying helpless and still on the burning sand. As they came closer they could see it was a young man and when they reached him Sara put water to his lips and said, "Drink of the waters of life" and he did, and verily it was good.

As the man awoke he saw the beauty in Sara’s eyes and he said, "It's you, you have come from the dream," with Sara replying, "We are here, we have come from far away." For the man was Zed and he began to sing to Sara and he said, "Can I be your lover," [CAN I BE YOUR LOVER] After he had sung he said, "Are you the Meaning I am searching for?" And then a great countenance filled the air.

When Sam heard these words from Zed he was filled with happiness and said, "We have come for the Meaning; we are the Soldiers of the Light. You know Zed, we may live in different worlds but we are really all the same inside." [ME LIKE YOU] They all shared words and did break bread together and between them felt a common bond. Zed and Sara looked deep into each other’s eyes and it was a new feeling for each. They all decided to journey together to find Mumbo Jumbo and after a short time, in the distance they saw a great city and they were all pleased. As they walked, Sam and Sara decided to share some secrets with Zed. They said they were enabled by mankind’s decision to walk down the other path and that they must find the Meaning that had been lost, for the rhythm was about to cease! Zed asked Sam where they came from and Sam said, "Look up at the stars in the night sky and count them all, when you have done that you will know where we came from and to where we shall return." Zed began to think about that a lot when he wasn’t thinking about Sara, and that was a lot too!

As the Sun was setting upon the horizon, shafts of blinding light were reflecting off the walls of the city that were of gold and silver and Sam said, "Let us sleep here by the side of the road and rest, for tomorrow shall be a great day." As they all rested Zed was looking at Sara unable to sleep, but soon he did while counting the stars. When he woke up he could feel Sara’s eyes pierce his skin and they sang together for the first time, and it was good! [HOLD ON]

Being within for Sara and Sam was very different from being without because that was not being, and yet being aware of it! Sam was about to describe the feeling more fully when coming from the city was a great noise and they looked towards it and saw a sign. Sam recognized the sign as the one he and Sara were looking for and he knew the Meaning must be near! The sign was of a great height and shone like the sun and was alive with pulse, but as they came closer to it Sam realized that it was not the one they did seek but another, whose Meaning they knew not! For the one they did seek would be the gateway to the most ancient and sacred of places known in legend as Niranfarr, the centre of all. Zed was awestruck by the colors and shapes that they saw as they entered Mumbo Jumbo - everywhere people danced and sang and lights were flashing in every direction, and he thought surely it must be a great celebration. Sam looked at the signs very close and he saw that they were everywhere, both great and small, but they were not the one he did seek, although they looked very similar and surely must have come from the same source. [MUMBO JUMBO]

The sign they did seek was formed in the beginning with the word, and was the word manifest, for the word could never be spoken and so the symbol was, and it was all powerful as was the word. Even before the beginning, the word was contemplated, for without it there could be no beginning, at least that was the thought! Sam began to think what this all could mean as he stared at his hands and feet and felt that he must become that which he seeks to understand, and so he began to move and did dance. All around were people of all shapes, colors and sizes and they had about them sparkling gemstones and diamonds and rubies and were dressed in clothes made from the finest silk and golden threads. It was surely an oasis in the desert of infinite space. [A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING]

Everywhere the symbol was worshipped, even on the rooftops and no-where was it not, and the people praised it as though it was the pillar of creation and the pulse of the Universe and everything, but it was not and the Soldiers of the Light knew that it was not. Sam said to Zed, "We must speak with the one who leads the people, to ask where we may find the Meaning and the origin of this worshipped symbol."
Zed, Sara and Sam went out to speak with the people where many were gathering in a great crowd with one stating, "Soon he will appear and speak to us, be prepared!"

“Who is coming to speak?” asked Zed.
  "Why the great Mumbo himself, who else?" said many in the crowd with loud voices!

Soon after, a great cheer rang all around and the ecstatic crowd howled as several figures in large hats carrying even bigger jeweled sticks looked down upon them from a great height. One of the figures came forward and spoke, "It is I, the great Mumbo and I welcome you to this great city, where everything is available at any moment for those that give generously to our cause without question. For those that follow these words shall their name be written above, for all time, that is my promise for it is written." After these words another great cheer rang from the crowd and then as the multitude waited for more words of wisdom, a single voice said, "But what of the ones that cannot give, what becomes of them?" The lonely voice was Zed’s with all eyes falling upon him. "Where can the Meaning be found for those that long for more and how many stars are in the sky, can you tell me great Mumbo?"

"It is not for us to question that which was written long ago by the one that could not write, only for us all to follow without hesitation the path of the cause that is all, my people, the cause is good," said the great Mumbo. "Let us sing," the crowd cheered again as the Great Mumbo and his brightly dressed confidants all began to sing and soon everybody joined in. [LOVE- SEX] After the song was sung, the crowd roared with affection for the Great Mumbo as he disappeared into a sea of hats and large sticks, but Zed was left feeling empty, until he began to think of Sara again!

Both Sam and Sara were moved deeply by what Zed had said and they felt it was time to share something with him. "Zed, since the beginning and through the ages, the Meaning was always there for people to feel and know. It can never be understood and is not meant to be so, but it is meant to be reached for and in so doing achieve the impossible. Different interpretations of it have been as numerous as the stars around us and now the different Meanings have collided with themselves so much that it has all become as far as it can be from its source and original purpose and is now a mere reflection of what it once was. Sara and I are here to bring about a beginning and an end, for it is time. When we find the Meaning we must return it to its source."
"But what will happen to the people when you find the Meaning, where will they go and Sara where will you be?" asked a slightly confused Zed.

Sam continued, "In searching for the wonders of the many worlds, we are learning of the wonders of ourselves and shall drink of the Elixir of imperishable being. When the cup is empty and we cannot drink, then as the Moon sheds its shadow to shine anew, so will mankind."

"But how can the cup be filled again before it is too late?" asked Zed.
  "It cannot," answered Sara. "You might as well try to count all the stars in the night sky."
  "If I was to do that would I know where you came from and would I also save the world and mankind?"
  "Yes that is true," answered Sara.
  "Then to do that would give me the Meaning I am searching for and so I will do it," said Zed.
  "But where will you begin?" asked Sara.
  "I have already begun, I began when I looked into your eyes for the very first time and every star I count I will become closer to understanding where you came from and to where you will return and one day I will follow you there."

"Zed, you are trying to achieve that which is impossible," said Sam.
  "No," answered Zed, "to not follow my heart would be impossible, all else will be my joy. Besides, who else has counted the stars before me?'
  "No one has," said Sam.
  "No one," said Sara!
  "One miracle has already happened so why not another," said Zed.

And so he went out to count the stars and Sam and Sara went to the centre of the city to find the Meaning that they knew was in a very deep place. As they were walking, Sam said to Sara, "You know that it is possible that we may not see Zed again, that once we find the Meaning we must leave everything behind and return to our source also - that cannot be changed."
"Being as of woman is like nothing I have known and also everything I have known," said Sara. "I can only do what must be done, but being as of woman has taught me one thing..."

"And what is that?" asked Sam.
  "That everything changes, nothing can stay the same." Sara replied. Sam thought deeply for a moment and then could only reply with, "mmm?!"
Zed walked toward the gates of the city and as he was about to walk through, he saw a sign swinging in the balmy evening breeze. On the sign were four words that he remembered! It said, "The tower of fantasy." Zed remembered this from his dream in the desert and thought it may be a sign he must follow. He walked inside and noticed how calm and peaceful it was and how different it felt from the noise and clutter of Mumbo Jumbo. Inside were people sitting on the floor holding candles in their hands and listening to the sounds of strings being gently plucked and accompanied by a solitary hypnotic voice. The song that was being sung was called [A LITTLE BIT MORE]. Although Zed did not know the song he joined in as did the intimate captive audience and the words being sung seemed to reflect his own experience in life. As the song reached its end the audience clapped in deep appreciation and turned towards Zed in anticipation. "It's time for you to sing now Zed," said many voices from the audience. "We all take a turn and give back that which we have taken." Zed had never sung before, only to himself within his thoughts. "I must return that which I have felt," he said to himself taking in a breath of courage. Stepping up to the little stage, Zed said, "I cannot sing or play, but my heart will speak of what it feels at this moment." Picking up the stringed instrument Zed began to play and sing in a most haunting tone. His heart poured out to the riveted audience and as he sang, he felt again that he was falling through time and space, as he was when he fell from the tower. The song he sang was called [ME AND THE RIVER] and he knew not where it came from or to where it was going, but only that it was good and he and the audience shed a tear of joy and happiness together. After the song was finished Zed knew it was time to go. He went out into a quiet place amongst the solitude of the desert and waited for night to fall, and it did. He tried to count the stars as they woke up and peeked down at him, but Zed could only count to one, for all he could see was Sara’s face.

Again and again he tried and he realized that he could never save the world or know where Sam and Sara came from because he had failed and he was deeply saddened. He knew he must go to Sara and tell her these things with his heart heavy and beginning to break. He thought that perhaps he was really falling from the Tower now as he felt helpless in a lonely place! Returning to the city, he saw Sam and Sara talking to merchants underneath the sign of the Great Mumbo. Zed took Sara’s hand in his and began to sing to her and the song said everything that he could not. Sara sang too, for she was as much in love with Zed as he with her, and verily it was good. [ALTERNATE ENDING]

"Sara, I have tried to count the stars, but I can see only one and that is you, and then I can only think of eternity. For me you are all the stars and my eternal sky and so, I have failed."

"No Zed," said Sam, "you have not failed, you have succeeded. Even before you left the city walls you had overcome all obstacles and you sang what was in your heart without conditions. You went out into a lonely place to achieve the impossible, to save the world and find the Meaning. You never thought of yourself only of others. Zed, Sara and I have come from eternity, we are Samsara - we are Nirvana, and so you are correct to say that Sara is your eternity for indeed she is that and always was and always will be. You have found the Meaning in your love for her and she came here to know of your love and to love you as mankind once loved all things."

"Know too Zed, that love is out of time and beyond all Meaning and to hold it for just moments, it is also forever."
  "Does that mean that Sara and I will always be together?" asked Zed.

"At that moment Sara spoke, "Zed, we are the Soldiers of the Light and were summoned here by mankind’s unconscious desire for destruction, for we are the created conscience. If it is to live amongst greed and ignorance and chaos that mankind desires, then it must be so and we shall carry out that wish and it shall be swift, but first we must find the Meaning that has been lost. At any moment the rhythm will cease to be and the world will begin to grow dark and cold as your Sun begins to move away to another destination, for the Sun and the Meaning are also linked together forever. As the last slither of light falls on a certain place we shall take the Meaning back to its source and then whatever will be will be, Que Sara Sara."
"But where is this place that holds the Meaning?" asked Zed.

"It is called Niranfarr - the centre of all, where anything and everything is possible. It has long been known that here a sacred spring creates and preserves all life and also that here the word did spring forth in the beginning before it was written. Only one person knows where Niranfarr can be found."
"Then we must find this person before it is too late, who is it?" asked an anxious Zed. For several moments that seemed like an eternity no one spoke, and then.

"It is you Zed, you are the one, you always were," said Sara.
  "Me? No, I have no idea; I have never heard of Niranfarr, I can’t even count the stars. I only know one thing and that is my love for you Sara."
  "Our love will guide you Zed, it is only another miracle after all," Sara answered in a soft voice.
  "Zed, it must be found before the light is completely gone and it has already begun to fade," added a concerned Sam.
  "Remember what your Mother said Zed," Sara’s words echoed inside Zed’s mind as everything disappeared and he was once again alone. “What did Mother say, what did she say?”

"Her parting words were...If we love when we can, if we dance to the music that we feel, then there can be no distance too far for us, too near."
"If I can’t find Niranfarr then perhaps it is already here and has come to me? Perhaps it is in us all if we dare to look inside ourselves?" At that moment of realization, Zed became surrounded by a labyrinth of walls and tunnels that descended down into a very deep place. The labyrinth is Zed’s own mind. As he walked into the deep darkness, robed figures appear before him, all pointing to a shaft of light that barely illuminates an opening in the damp rock wall. Out of the tiny opening, crystal waters fall onto the bare rock where a vibrant green moss is growing from the life giving nectar. To the side of the spring stands an empty cup. In an instant the hooded figures reveal themselves. They are Sara, Sam, Zed’s Mother and friends, and even the Great Mumbo himself! He slowly walks toward the spring and picks up the empty cup and fills it with the sacred elixir. Sam stepped forward and did speak, "Zed, only two people may drink of the waters of life and return to the source with the Meaning that you have discovered. It must be you and Sara Zed, your love is eternal and it shall live on."

"Don’t listen to him my son!" said the great Mumbo. "It is I, the leader of mankind that must build a new world with you; together we shall create a new cause!"

At that moment the last ray of light touched the spring. “You must drink now” said Sam urgently!
  Zed walked up to Sara and put the cup to her lips and began to sing just to her. [UNTIL] "Sara, you once quenched my thirst when I was dry and because of you I have found eternal love. Drink of the waters of life." Sara drinks as Zed requests of her, as the light fades even more. Zed then walks up to his Mother and says, “Mother, you gave me life and brought me into this world and to this place. Without you I would never have found the Meaning, you must let me give you the life that you once gave to me - drink of the Waters of life."

As she drinks, a tumultuous crack of thunder rings out as though the heavens themselves had opened. The labyrinth is cast into blackness and silence leaving Zed asleep once again on the desert sande feeling the water against his lips and a soft voice speaking to him, "Drink of the waters of life."
Zed wakes fully and says, "Where am I, what happened?"

"You are here Zed, it’s me Sara."
  "Did we save the world?" asked a confused Zed.
  "Not yet Zed but we will, we will!"
  "Yes we will I know, but first I must do one thing before all others."
  "What is that Zed," asks a confused Sara.
  "Why I must dance with the Universe, and so Sara, will you dance with me?" [DANCE WITH ME]

L. G. Russell - 2007 for A Nice Pear
发表于 2010-4-22 00:56 | 显示全部楼层
這故事蠻好的><
每一張專輯也有一個故事><太棒了
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册Airhead

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|联系站长| Air Supply China Fan Site (Since 2009.4.6)

Copyright © 2009-2023 Air Supply China Fan Site.   All Rights Reserved.